Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11/365

Take a look at this picture with this post. What do you see?

Are you immediately drawn to the darkness?

Do you see the lone person in the darkness?

Does the alone-ness resonate to your heart, or do you see the light shining from a distance?

I saw this picture a few years ago and it "spoke to me". When I look at this picture I don't see the darkness but rather the light coming. When I look at this picture I see hope.

As Wednesday comes again (it feels like just yesterday I had a run in with the man who felt that only Catholics would enter Heaven) I feel actual butterfly's in my stomach about church. Why? Because I am going back to bible study tomorrow night. I am not going to let an incident determine how I behave or where I go; that is a thing of the past. The old me would have hidden embarrassed and festering like a sore over a confrontation but the new me is different. I see what happened last Wednseay night as an learning experience, a chance to learn, change and be a witness. I know that MY God is a loving God, a God who accepts you where you are who meets you on this road called life and walks with you and when you can't walk he carries you. My God is a righteous God.

I feel by going BACK tomorrow night, by entering those doors I am being "more", and isn't that what we are called to be/do. To BE more than we were yesterday?

Pray with me, walk with me, hold me, love me, accept me because I am not sentient but every changing. I am more than the lone person in the darkness - I am embraced by light because MY God would never leave me - I am NOT alone but continually accepted and loved.

If you feel alone - feel un-loved - feel lost - feel forgotten - unaccepted I urge you to find My God - seek his presence and to eat at his table because if and when you do you will always be filled - filled with joy/love/acceptance/and so so much more.

Our God is a loving God - he created YOU in his image - with Him you are never alone and are ALWAYS loved.

I AM walking into that classroom tomorrow night knowing who I am and what I am and if I should die where I am going I will not walk in either fear or embarrassment - I will not meekly accept a "persons" opinion because I know truth HE loves me - I am his daughter - his creation - beautifully and wonderfully made in His image - He would never leave me - I am not alone - I am not in the darkness - I AM...

No comments: