Sunday, January 30, 2011

30/365

Wow!  I have officially been blogging now for thirty days. It has been and is an adventure for sure.  There are days like today when I'm at a loss as to what to write about so I guess I'll bore you with some of the things that went on in our lives today.  

Today David and I went to Airline Baptist to a " bible study" that some friends had told me about - it was good and we are going back again next Sunday. No, we are not leaving the Catholic church but both of us want to expand or knowledge and experience base in our Christian walk and as there aren't any "Sunday School" or bible studies at our church that we can attend together we thought this might be FUN.  I can tell you one thing ... next Sunday I WILL def. remember to bring my bible ha!  They have a Sunday School class for Allie Beth as well that she seemed to really enjoy it so all in all it was a great experience. 

This afternoon I attended St. Jude and sang in the contemporary choir.  For some reason I couldn't help but smile at each song that I sang.  Singing brings me such joy, I for the life of me can't imagine why I ever stopped singing - it feels good to be back doing something I love so much.  I will also admit that I enjoy receiving communion every week and when I am not there and don't receive it feels like I have "missed something".  I wonder.... am I more Catholic than I realize?  Definitely something to explore...  On that note I am off to cuddle with my family and enjoy the rest of this weekend.  Until tomorrow may Gods light shine upon you always.  Love,  Aimee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading and learning from the Bible is so important, I'm still reading learning after all these years!

Sammielee615 said...

How is Airline Baptist? Zach and I are moving to Bossier in the next few months and we're looking for a church to go to. We really really love the Simple Church but we're looking for a church that's got good Wednesday night stuff and somewhere to go when the Simple Church doesn't have service. I've heard good things about First Baptist and Airline Baptist.