Sunday, January 23, 2011

23/365

Today in church the guest deacon caught my attention.  He talked about the "grace filled opportunities in life" and how they are few and far between.  It made me think about the grace filled opportunities in my life....  Like:

  1. The day I was born was a grace filled opportunity because from what I understand my biological mother really and trully never did WANT to have me. 
  2. When I learned how to read.  It opened so many doors and even "windows" for me. It became my escape, no matter where I was or how I was being treated I could always open a book and go somewhere warmer, prettier, and safe.
  3. The Wednesdays and Sundays I walked up/down "Harmony Hill" most times alone searching and finding Christ in that small Baptist Church.  **It was my refuge from a hard and cruel time in my life**
  4. When I went to Louisiana Tech at fifteen and learned that there was another world out there full of possibilities and that I COULD do/be more than I ever dreamed. 
  5. The times in my life that Mama and Papa stepped in with a gentle word or action showing me what true love was; that it wasn't something based on what you could give or get but about giving. 
  6. When I met my husband David and he said "you are enough and I love you as you are". 
  7. When I had my daughter Allie Beth.  Her being in this world and my being her mother is one of the most life defining moments in my life. 
  8. This past August when I made the decision to stop working and stay home - "grace filled" that David supports me and encourages me daily in this journey.
I know that there are probably more but these are the ones that come to mind tonight. 

Grace is defined as


1. elegance: elegance, beauty, and smoothness of form or movement:generosity of spirit: a capacity to tolerate, accommodate, or forgive people : pleasing quality: a pleasing and admirable quality or characteristic ( usually used in the plural )

 
Thank GOD for Grace and ALL that it entails...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...I enjoyed reading your post!