Friday, January 7, 2011

7/365


In high school I used to write poetry. This is my feeble attempt at that magical lyrical assembly of words. Please bear with me because it has been a LONG time since I have tried this...


What do you see when you look at me?
Do you see my tired eyes, my unkempt hair, the slightest of tremor of hands that most are unaware? Do you see the worry creased in my brow over finances, futures, homes, dreams and cares?

What do you see when you look at me?
Do you see the cloths that are slightly wrinkled? Do you see the nails bitten to the quick? Do you see my gaze darting or my bitten lip?

What do you see when you look at me? I ask myself in front of the mirror.... I see a mother who has more worries and cares than even she is aware. I see a mother who dreams big dreams not for herself so much as her little ones needs. I see a mother who cries at night because she failed once or twice. I see a mother battle torn who fought the good fight but is tearfully worn. I see a mother. That is what I see.

What do you see when you look at me?

1 comment:

Tina said...

I see a beautiful young loving mom. I see a mom who has made her house a home. I see a mom who that I have known for about 8 months and has grown a lot and opened her home many times for kids, moms and those wanting a place to hang out, I see a mom who worries to much, who let's others opinions matter to her a bit too much, I see a mom who loves God and instills this in her family, I see a mom who sometimes tries too hard to be a friend to others, I see a mom who needs to give herself a break, a little more credit and to not expect so much from others at times, I see a sweet mom who cares so passionately about thi
ngs, but needs to let go of some past hurts and not let others steel her joy. I see a mom, friend, wife, daughter and southern lady! That is something remarkable and you should be proud!