Saturday, January 8, 2011

8/365


Last night I was "tired" from the rag-race called my life this week that... today I totally unplugged.

I don't do it often but when I do I turn off the phone, turn off the computer and even go so far as to unplug the television to spend quality time with my family.

Today was a day of unplugging from my social life at least until around three p.m. I've gotta tell ya that it felt fantastic. To stop, slow down, not worry about this or that.

I totally enjoyed playing board games with Allie Beth - talking about family things with David **picking out baby names for that future little one we are hoping for** How about Alex or Johnathan? It was bitter sweet to turn back on the electronics and get going again. I loved that we actually took time to paint Allie Beth's and my toenails -- curl our hair -- play dress up - and let her read me a story.... when I looked up and saw three p.m. I was really sad to have to get going again.

BUT life is like that, it goes by so quickly so... I encourage you to set aside some time and unplug like we did today because before you know it the time will be gone won't it?

1 comment:

The Vance Family Days said...

I so love the idea, I really might have to try it! I am glad yall had such a good day. I will pray every night for that little one for ya'll!