Sunday, March 13, 2011

71-72/365

Have you ever had it so good? 

I think about that question tonight and I smile.  I smile because my family is healthy, we have a good roof over our heads, we have our bills paid, our families are healthy **for the most part** and we are loved.  These aren't small things when you think about it.  These are the things that even Shakespere sonnetts didn't begin to touch on.  Sure Shakespere wrote about love, life, eternity, souls and all that but those were just words.  Tonight we are living the story called our lives. 

Next Saturday David and I will have been married for six years.  There were some who didn't think we would make it past our first year much less this far, but we have.  It hasn't been easy, we have gone through a lot in the past few years.  But tonight I sit here "sharing space" with my husband feeling good.  Sure, I have had more jobs than I should and changed careers  more times than I care to count.  We got caught up in "living the American dream"... we got married -- bought a house and had a baby in less than two years -- money went from tight to nonexisitent for a while - Allie Beth got sick (real sick) - my Papa got sick **I think he stayed as long as he did with us not because of his physical heart but his HEART that loved and lived for us** and I miss him every day there isn't a day that goes by that there isn't something I wouldn't love the opportunity to talk to him about, Mama had a heart attack **scared me beyond belief** but she is here and I'm cherishing every minute we have with her while we have her because life really is short and tomorrows aren't guaranteed, all we have is today, David lost his grandparents, we went from having a crazy purebred lab. to a psycho cat **which we still have, any takers?**, I totally checked out for almost a year **read the beginning of my blog back last August for details**, David and I fought - really fought but we stuck it out and found our way out that tunnel to a really good place in life and so on. 

I have come to the conclusion that life isn't a fairy tale it just has fairy tale moments that we have to cherish and hold onto, remembering when times are bad.  Are there going to be hard times in the future? Yep there will be but I'm not going to dwell on the what if's or the could have should have's.  I'm going to sit here with my glass of wine, go cuddle on the couch with my husband holding his hand while our daughter sleeps good sound sleep down the hall. 

Life IS good and that is GREAT.

No comments: