Saturday, February 26, 2011

55-57/365

So.... I'm not really sure what day I'm supposed to be on but since my friends is 57 I'm going w/ that number too! 

Today I learned a few life lessons.  I have to admit that yes I've learned them the hard way and ouch did it hurt.  If I could advise my daughter on some things it would be; never buy a house you can't keep well maintained because sometimes renting really is the better option, never depend solely on your college education because an ounce of common sense will get you far in life, and never say never.   Today David and I embarked on the journey of revival we are in the process of reviving this little cracker box house we call home and I have got to tell you we have a LONG way and painful road in front of us.  From the termite damage, water rot, broken water valve, black mold, and Lord knows what else we are taking it one bill and one step at a time.  Right now there is no light in sight but I will say that with each project that we accomplish with the help of our friendly neighborhood contractor we are learning more and more not only about home improvement but about ourselves.  We don't KNOW how to screw in a light bulb at this point but we are looking at each other hard in the mirror and realizing our shortcomings for what they are and moving forward.  It is past the point to blame each other, we have lived in this house for five years and only God knows how many more we will but if we want this place to stay our home we have to address the issues before they become any worse.  So tonight we bought a 200.00 dehumidifier to help pull water out of sheet rock and we now have a wording definition for black mold tomorrow we spray the walls w/ chemicals to kill the stuff and we more forward - at least we CAN move forward and as we got to bed tonight we STILL have a home.  Right?

No comments: