Saturday, February 5, 2011

35/365

There are days like today that I'm not an adult, days when I truly just want to curl up in someones lap and be "loved on".  Today was one of those days.  The funny thing is that I am NOT a good sick person but if you ask my family and friends they will confirm I am habitually sick.  I get anything and everything that goes around and heaven forbid I catch a stomach bug or get dehydrated because that is an instant ticket to the hospital for me.  What most people who know me don't know is that I HATE being sick.  I severely dislike the weak feeling I get that makes me off kilter and my days seem longer and more drawn out.  I know you are reading thinking, "no one likes to be sick" but I have to tell you that when I say I hate it I do emphatically. 

So as I sit here writing this with the antibiotics soaring through my system making me feel queasy and weak I keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better.  Tomorrow the sun is going to be shining, my stomach is going to be at peace, and the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl. 

2 comments:

"Life is too short" A 30 something moms insight. said...

Yes I know the Patriots aren't in the Super Bowl this year but it was to funny to resist - David, I love you sweetie and am glad you don't mind that your loving wife had NO idea about your favorite past-time "watching football".

Anonymous said...

I have a g'kid with an immune system disorder who catches everything going around!