Wednesday, February 9, 2011

39/365


Have you ever noticed that when you make a decision and the butterflies settle a quiet sense of accomplishment comes? 

I have decided to enjoy these last few months of being a stay at home mommy to the max, to not let the "small stuff" get in the way, to do as much as I can and go back to that place I was at in the beginning of this venture in August.  Somewhere along the way it became about keeping the girls and less about Allie Beth.  I can assure you that I haven't "ignored" her and that she has had a lot of fun experiences these past few months.  It's just that I haven't allowed myself to enjoy some of those moments... 

Why is it that the future can become so scary?  It really can become something dark and ominous if you let it.

I'm choosing to let this decision to go back to work be a positive thing.  Allie Beth will be in school somewhere next year, I will be working in a school myself so that we will have the same time off.  I know that I am SO lucky to be able to have those holidays, weekends and summers off with her. 

David and I have decided that next summer we are going to travel, go, do and be as much as possible.  How cool is it that we will ALL be off together as a family for those months of summer! 

This life can be an adventure if you let it and personally I chose to enjoy the ride.

No comments: