Saturday, February 12, 2011

42/365

Tonight I find my heart singing.  Singing for the beautiful day that I enjoyed, for the kind friendship I find in others, for the unwavering love I share with my husband and for the simple kind of enjoyment in the little things that life has to offer. 

If we can not find joy then I ask "what is the point?".  I know of people in this world that are unswervingly unhappy, who find fault in all and joy in nothing.  For these people I feel such pity.  This morning when I woke, I looked out the window to see a the sun shining back at me, my heart swelled with the sight.  I just love beautiful almost spring days where there is a bite to the air but a brush of warmth from the sun to counter it.  Oh but the day I had today going about shopping with two dear friends (one this morning to my favorite boutique "Gaudy Girl" and one this afternoon to Target Valentine shopping and a manicure/pedicure).  I find myself so very blessed to have people that I can call friends and who in kind return the affection.  So I ask what is life worth without the gentle affection that friendship has to offer and what a pity to those who do not or can not enjoy it.  I chose to revel in this life I lead even in my constant doubt.  Life really is too short to spend in constant fear and doubt so I chose to enjoy even the smallest things life has to offer and to file them away for those dreary days that lie ahead. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A positive outlook is always a good thing!

Tina said...

You said it so simple, but so well! I enjoyed Guady Girl shopping and even wore my watch to the ball last night!